Skip to content
Myths about climate movement work:
- That climate change is simply too big and too difficult to address.
- That the fossil fuel industry represents the only business-as-usual future we have to have and that the industry cannot be held morally responsible for the effects of fossil fuels.
- That fiduciary responsibility requires us to invest where we make the highest return on our dollars and that divestment will cause lower returns and greater risk for shareholders.
- That it is wrong to target corporations when we are the ones using all the fuel.
- That divestment in fossil fuels decreases the impact that religious groups, civic organizations, educational institutions, or individuals have on the industry.